Whether you are a man or a woman, after a certain age, you should consider yourself very lucky if your arms don’t get flabby. Flabby arms could be because you are overweight, in which case you need to work hard to reduce your overall fat.
But arms can also get flabby and shapeless even if you have a normal weight, or even if you are slim, in which case they look really gross, and make it difficult for you to wear any outfit that reveals your arms.
Arms are a high maintenance part of your body. If you ignore arms, they’ll get back at you by bloating up beyond all sense. So be sure to include a couple of arm-toning exercises in your daily work-out.
Arm exercises are often done with weights but if you don’t want to use weights, or are unable to, here are four other exercises for your arms that will be just as effective in toning them!
If you want to keep a separate day for exercising your arms, you should do all of these one by one in the given order, and then repeat 3-6 times depending on your stamina. If you want to exercise your arms every day, include one or two of these in your routine, and rotate daily.
1. Air-boxing punches
- Stand straight. Keep your feet shoulder-distance apart. Make fists with your arms, bend at the elbows, and bring your fists to your chin, like a boxer
- Throw punches into the air straight ahead with as much energy as you can. Let your arms extend fully at shoulder level. Twist slightly at the waist for each punch. Make sure you don’t so much force as to hurt your shoulders!
- Repeat 20 times with both arms
- Without slowing down, punch upwards instead of ahead. Again repeat 20 times
2. Arms behind your head
- Stand or sit with your backbone straight. Raise your left arm above your head, keeping it straight. Now bend it at the elbow and reach behind your head. Your fingers should touch the right shoulder.
- Bend the right arm and hold your left elbow in your right arm.
- Now grip your right shoulder tight and hold it for a count of ten. Increase the count as your arms get stronger.
- Repeat with other arm. Do this a total of five times with each arm
3. Arms behind your back
- Stand with your back straight. Lift your right arm straight up and keep your left arm along your body.
- Fold your left arm up by bending your elbow. Don’t move your upper arm
- Fold your right arm down by bending the elbow. Again, move only the lower arm.
- Touch the fingers of the two arms. They will probably not want to touch initially, but you’ll succeed after a few days. Strain till the count of ten and then relax
- Repeat with other arm
- Do the whole process a total of five times with both arms
4. Chair Dips
- Sit on the edge of a sturdy chair with your back straight. Keep your hands flat next to you on the seat.
- Without bending your elbow, slide your bottom off the seat.
- Bend your elbow and slowly lower your bottom towards the ground, stopping when you are just six inches above it.
- Push yourself up slowly by straightening your arm. But don’t seat yourself on the chair, keep hanging in the air.
- Repeat five times on your first day and gradually increase to thirty dips.
Hope these work-outs were useful! Here’s wishing you really sexy arms this summer.